Thursday, October 13, 2011

National Convention?!?!?!

What time is it?! Ladies and Gentleman it is National Convention time! That’s right the time of the year that we have all been waiting for. It is time for over 55,000 FFA members to band together at one huge convention. Let’s get loud and get pumped!!

When I think about national convention two things come to my mind. The first is the Sessions. When my chapter comes to National convention we always went to the sessions to hear some of the amazing speakers and of course our retiring National Officers speak. I have always loved listening to the wisdom of both the officers and the guest speakers as they often times provide us, as members, some amazing advice.

The second thing that comes to my mind is the career show. The career show will have more than 1,300 booths representing colleges, agriculture-related companies, fundraising companies, U.S. Armed Services, and auto and truck manufacturers. This info comes straight from the National FFA website. I have always enjoyed walking through the career show. It allows me to see what some of my options are for my future. Sometimes when we are in school we can get lost in the shuffle and stop thinking about our futures. Other times we can get so worried about what we are going to do that we just pick something and we don’t consider anything else. Both of those things are exactly why the FFA career show is so awesome. It gives us (as members) the chance to explore ALL of our options!!

There is one other part of National Convention that I consider to be legit. That is the National Days of Service. These days of service allow FFA members the chance to learn the importance of serving others. Often times this is a concept that comes very easy, but sometimes it’s important to see how much impact can be made by thousands off FFA member’s hands reaching out to help.

I cannot wait until National Convention!! Hope to see you there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment