Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kickin' It Old School

The past week and a half we have been focusing entirely on SOAR.  We are so excited about our upcoming conference.  SOAR stands for Seeking Opportunities, Achieving Results.  It's aimed towards first year FFA members to inform them about what FFA is and the opportunities available to them.  Here's a sneak peak of the conference.

Our theme this year is "Legendary Leadership: Kickin' it Old School." I am stoked about this theme.  The reasoning behind it is that we're taking this conference back to the way they used to be.  We will be having a Parliamentary Procedure contest between all of the groups.  We're also going to have a Quiz Bowl contest that students will compete in individually.  We're hoping that by having these contests, members will be more excited about FFA.  It will definitely be a lot of work for the members.  However, we're hoping they will develop pride for the organization through their work. I cannot wait.

Even though SOAR preparations are still underway, FIRE is going to be approaching before we know it!  I hope everybody is as excited about our upcoming conferences as we are!

Today, I will be heading up to the Kankakee Valley FFA chapter for their auction tonight.  I love seeing how chapter's run their events.  I will be giving a speech while I'm there.  My speech is based around the memories and experiences I have had in FFA.  A majority of my speech consists of the time when I had a Poultry team without Mrs. Markley's 100% approval.  Oops.  FFA members, remember that the experiences or mistakes you have throughout your FFA career may end up turning into a speech



No comments:

Post a Comment