Monday, October 29, 2012

Lights Out Ceremony

Wow! What an experience! On Friday night some on my teammates and I witnessed history. The Pepsi Coliseum at the Indiana State Fair had its official lights off ceremony. I have had many great experiences in the coliseum growing up, and now the coliseum will be going through renovation. The renovation is the start of a new chapter for the Indiana State Fair. The coliseum will be under construction until 2014 when it will reopen. The ceremony would not have been possible without FFA members from around the United States participating. Each person at the ceremony was given a flashlight to be turned on once the lights were turned off. The end portrait of all of the flashlights lit was truly beautiful. The ceremony brought tears to my eyes and I was honored to participate in and witness the event.

From FFA: Following the Future of Agriculture


No comments:

Post a Comment