Sunday, February 16, 2020

Enjoy the Moments

These past few weeks have been the start of a lot of new things. For example, we went down to Magnet, Indiana and learned how to develop our keynotes for banquet season. Following keynote training, we went to Indianapolis to begin planning for State Convention in June, received our third FFA jacket, and finalized our FFA week schedules. This all seemed so crazy to me that this year has flown by in the blink of an eye.

One thing that we have been told this year by many is to “enjoy the moments, because they go by so fast.” To say the least, I didn’t realize how true this was until a couple of weeks ago. At keynote training we had reflections in the evening. During our second evening, Derek Berkshire, our facilitator, reminded us that this year is what we decide to make it, and that we only get this opportunity once - so don't waste it. After hearing this, I realized I needed to enjoy the small moments that surround the big moments in my life. 

I really needed to the take the time to reminisce the moments of this past year. In between all of the exciting events that are happening or what we are planning, I’ve noticed a common theme. Even though we might be busy working, there has always been time to just enjoy ourselves and those around us.
I want to take a chance to share my some of my favorite moments so far this year. 

Conferences:
Getting the chance to work with members during sessions and helping them develop their action plans!
Reflections:

Reflections were always my favorite during high school. Something I will always cherish is having the chance to share my story and hearing member's stories after. 

Talking to the river:
Despite being super busy, we took time to walk and practice with the river during keynote training!


Face masks with the boys:
AH! One of my favorites! Saturday nights are not just for the boys. 
My support team:




Honestly, I wouldn't be standing here today, if it wasn't the endless support from my school, friends, and family. I want to take the chance to say thank you. No matter what, I know I can count on you all to be there. 

Now these are just a few moments from this year. If I were to list all of them, the list would be endless. No matter how busy we get, there's always time to spend with those around you. Take a moment and reminisce on what you've been doing this year. Are you checking off the list? Or are you taking time to enjoy the little things?


Always take the time,  

Taylor
























No comments:

Post a Comment