Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Hope, Joy, Peace, and Christmas Cheer!

Hope doesn’t fade for long,

It hides and at times seems to run away,

But hope is the friend that sticks around,

Hope is the call from my mom making sure I’m okay,

Hope is my dad teaching me how to work,

Hope is my teachers encouraging me.


Joy is here for the holidays,

And it is here to stay,

Because joy is not based on a situation,

Joy comes from the hope that has been given,

Joy comes from a sacrifice that was made, 

A sacrifice that carried the weight of all my mistakes.


Peace is what keeps me going,

It has been given not taken,

Times have made peace hard to find,

But much like hope and joy it comes with those who I share it with.


Christmas brings me joy, hope, and peace,

But it wasn’t Christmas that brought these gifts,

It was someone who loved me enough to forgive me,

It was someone who encouraged me,

It was someone teaching me how to work,

It was someone calling to check on me,

And it was someone sticking around in the tough times.


During Christmas time it is easy to get caught up in all the amazing things this time of year provides like the candies, the presents, or the whole family getting together. Let’s not forget about Christ being born in a stable to eventually grow up and give us the gift of forgiveness. I think that is the greatest gift of all. Be the hope someone has, bring joy to your family gatherings, help others find peace, and even if it seems impossible let’s forgive others just like Christ forgives us. 


Merry Christmas,


Caden Sixberry, State Treasurer

No comments:

Post a Comment