Wednesday, February 14, 2024

My Valentine’s Day, Christmas Tree!

Growing up my family had a Christmas tree up all year long. I know this might sound crazy, but hear me out… For each season my family would decorate this four foot tree with different ornaments to create a different theme for the tree. Other than Christmas, my favorite theme was always Valentine’s Day because our tree was covered with pink hearts and red ornaments. 

Each season of the year brought a different theme for our tree. It was so much fun to decorate each season uniquely and see it everyday in our living room as a reminder to celebrate the different seasons of the year.

This Valentine’s season I am staying busy by spending time with my family, celebrating Conner’s birthday with my teammates, reuniting with friends, and preparing for FFA Week! With everything going on I am trying to remind myself to find the beauty in these unique and cherishable moments. After a few Pinterest searches, I actually found a few ways to live more in the moment, and I thought I’d share!

  1. Journaling - Although it can be hard to sit down after a busy day of school, work, or travel, it is an awesome way to reflect on the good parts of your life. What conversations did you share, what made you smile, what was an act of kindness you received? It is an awesome way to look back and be more intentional in your life. 

  2. Monotasking - Monotasking means you are taking the time to focus on one thing at a time. While I am definitely a victim of multitasking, I have been holding myself accountable to only working on one project at a time. This has allowed me to do everything to my best ability and made me appreciate my small accomplishments whether it be speeches, conversations, or friendships. I would encourage you to try it too! 

  3. Useful Time - This month I am trying to be more mindful of how I spend my time. Not necessarily limiting my time but making it more purposeful and meaningful. Oftentimes I find myself scrolling through TikTok or Instagram before I go to sleep. Although I haven’t stopped completely, and I don’t think I ever will, I have found that I find calling my family and friends or reading a Bible deviation gives my time a lot more meaning and joy. 

Throughout the busyness in our lives it is important to find the small celebrations or little things that help make life more meaningful and enjoyable. My little four foot tree is always reminding me to celebrate the small seasons or little moments in our lives. Wishing you all the best Valentine’s Day!


With love, 

Maddie Denton, State Secretary


No comments:

Post a Comment