Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Celebrate!


I realized today that I reached 500 tweets. Went from no social media to 500 tweets in 6 months whoo! And just as I was about to tweet about it, I thought to myself “Is this really the mile marker I want to celebrate right now? Seriously Kayla?” No, no it is not. 2013 was never about the number of Facebook friends I had or the number of people who followed me on Twitter or Instagram. For me, today is about celebrating all the dreams I have reached and the goals I am closer to achieving. It is about realizing that I stuck to goals from freshman year all the way to senior year and actually made them a reality. Now as everyone says in their “Year in Review” posts, 2013 was not all roses. But today I am celebrating those things, too. I saw a quote recently that said “Failure is not the end. It is a step.” Today I am rejoicing for those steps.

And, as in every typical “Year in Review” post, there is the New Year’s resolution at the end. But mine is simple: to just be the best that I can be. For me, I don’t need the start of a New Year to set some new resounding goal. But it is a great time to recharge and prepare to continue along my path with an amped up and zealous attitude. I’m not scoffing at people who set flamboyant New Year’s resolutions. If you do, I sincerely hope that you stick to it and reach every resolution you set for yourself. But don’t forget that each new day is a chance to better yourself in some way, shape, or form. In 2014, do not wait for 2015 to set new goals for yourself. Start right then and there!

What will you celebrate today? Most importantly, will you celebrate these things not only today, but for the next 365 days and beyond? How will you guarantee that each new day is an opportunity to make a better you for yourself, for Indiana, and for the future of agriculture?
see Evansville WAY down at the bottom!? do you think we could do something like this for Michigan?

Love you all,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment