Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tis the Season

Today is the day. Today that clock rolled over to show that we were exactly halfway done with our year of service. It’s hard to believe it! It seems like just a week ago that we were anxious State Officer candidates waiting to find out who the nominating committee selected to serve the over 10,000 members of the Indiana FFA. It seems like several days ago we were living at the state fair and enjoying all kinds of deep fried foods. It seems like yesterday when we were on our three week tour of the state for chapter visits and district kickoffs. I guess it’s crazy how time flies when your having fun! As I look back at the last six months of serving as the Indiana FFA State Reporter, I have so many memories. From the good, like when we got the opportunity to go underground zip lining on our fall retreat, to the bad, like when our gavel tap photo went public, I can honestly say that I have been so blessed and have enjoyed every second that the last six months had brought me.



            I told one of my friends that my term was halfway over and he responded with a simple question: What are you going to do with the half that you have left? Simple but loaded. I’ve been looking at it all wrong. I noticed that my year was halfway over not that I have a half of a year ahead of me. So what am I going to do with it? Hopefully I’ll get to see a lot of familiar faces and meet some new ones. Hopefully I’ll get to visit some chapters and be shocked and in awe at the amazing programs that cover the state. Hopefully I’ll make more memories with the 10,000 amazing Indiana FFA members. Oh but those are all maybes. You want to know what I’m really going to do with my remaining 182 days? You’ll just have to wait and see.






With Love,


Shelby Sigman
Indiana FFA State Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment