Monday, December 30, 2019

Ignite Your Passion

This past month, we spent most of our days exploring the many different agricultural companies that support Indiana FFA. At each visit, we introduce ourselves with our name, where we are from, and our future career plans. Going into these visits I was dead set on nursing, but had the fear of being disconnected from agriculture. After many visits, I was starting to wonder if nursing was what I wanted to do. After visiting Pioneer, I was thinking about sales or even possibly studying agronomy. I absolutely loved the environment and thought the tour was a blast.  I reflected on my favorite CDE in high school, crops, and how I loved it. I could see myself working in this field of agriculture in the future. 

I pondered upon this idea and was considering changing my major again. As we walked into United Animal Health, I gave my introduction, but this time added a part at the end that I was potentially changing my major from nursing. Mr. Schneider, from United Animal Health, asked me, “Why do you want to change your major?” I replied with “Well I am afraid of being disconnected from agriculture.” Mr. Schneider shared with me a valuable story that I really needed to hear. He said his daughter was in the same shoes as I was. She was deciding between an agriculture career, but decided to go with nursing because it was her passion. She chose to work as a nurse at an agriculture company, therefore she could pursue both of her passions. Mr. Schneider gave me the encouragement on so many different opportunities I could have within nursing and still be involved in agriculture every single day. 


These words are something that I really needed to hear, as I was worried if I was making the right choice. I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting over break and I am going to pursue both of my passions. They say if you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life. I can’t wait for the day to be spending helping younger kids and their families. 

“It’s not about choosing the right path that matters. It’s knowing what ignites your passion. Once you’ve figured out what brings you joy, you don’t have to worry about finding the right path. Any path will take you there.” -Unknown 

Always do what you love,

Taylor Roy



No comments:

Post a Comment