Monday, April 16, 2012

Working hard to Influence and Impact

Long time no see!!! Actually scratch that yo, Long time no talk! How have you been? How’s the family? How’s your local FFA Chapter? How’s Indiana FFA? Wait I know the answer to that! Indiana has been extremely Productive, on the move, extremely fun, Inspiring, Impacting community’s, competitive, and preparing!

This time of the year is a special time for Indiana FFA and likewise Indiana FFA officers! I know I can speak for the whole time when I say we have been productive! We have been on the road and in the office getting everything ready for the 83rd Indiana FFA convention. We are working to make this convention the best yet. Maybe its Anchorman references, techno and dance music, Great keynote speakers that will leave you in tears (laughing so hard),  an opportunity to give clean water to those in need, giving blood to save a life, and so much more! This year’s state convention will be one that you will never forget. If you haven’t made your plans to attend state convention, talk to your advisor today.

Inspiring and impacting. Two words that we use constantly in Indiana FFA! But we really do own up to those very words. Whether it be Princeton and Gibson southern FFA chapters supporting their community’s by purchasing a grain rescue tube and saving a local life. Or Shenandoah’s Snug harbor prom where they invite those with handicaps and disabilities to attend prom at their high school or Scottsburg and Hoosier Hills FFA chapter helping fellow Hoosiers affected by tornadoes.

Likewise this week in Indiana FFA numerous amounts of competitions will be happening.  Sections will be finding out who is best in Parliamentary procedures. The state officers will also be see Star farmers SAE’s.
Indiana FFA is truly on the move and is hard at work to improve the lives in the youth of Agriculture.  




1 comment:

  1. I'm the only girl in my class in FFA, but I LOVE IT! Being in FFA in so much like being a part of the girls basketball team. There are so many individual tasks that challenge you, yet it is such a "team-oriented" activity. I'm not real crazy about the official dress, though. I don't like the "scarf" for girls to wear with their blouse and jacket, so I wear a tie just like the boys do. The only problem is, I'm not very good at tying a tie. In my FFA pictures, my tie is usually really crooked or my collar is sticking up, or both. I just can't get the knot to fit in the space over the top button of my collar.

    ReplyDelete