Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Enjoying Every Moment

Enjoying every moment. That is what I decided on day one, and it is going to be my major goal throughout state office. This year is something I only get to do once and I want to remember all of it. The Great Indiana State Fair showed me how hard this goal was really going to be but how worth it every moment would be too. 

I love the state fair; I look forward to it every year. Traveling up with my family to walk around the state fair or to compete in rabbit showmanship or public speaking is one of the highlights of my year. There is just something about the atmosphere that is energizing even on the hottest days of summer. This year was no different. 

Though we had longer days and later nights, this year's state fair was my favorite one yet. Being up there for three weeks meant that I got to meet so many FFA members of districts all across the state.
The long days were made quicker by constant connections with FFA members across the state.
The late nights were my favorite part because they were spent learning more about my fellow teammates and the country market workers.
The early mornings allowed me to be productive and start my morning off right. 

Plus if you know me then you know I love food, trying all the new things but especially eating all the junk food. Being up at the state fair for three weeks allowed me to eat my way around the fair and eat my fair favorites multiple times. If you get the chance I highly recommend Ben's pretzels, the dole whip place shaped like a pineapple, or anything from the fried Oreo place outside the coliseum.

From the fair vibe to the friends to the food this year at the Great Indiana State Fair was nothing short of phenomenal. 


“The pavilion is now closed. Please join us again next year in August 2025. Enjoy your night at the Great Indiana State Fair”


Enjoy every second,
Christina Caldwell 
Indiana FFA State Secretary 

1 comment:

  1. Ben's Soft Pretzels is the best and and awesome Indiana company!

    ReplyDelete