Friday, November 5, 2010

FFA State Officers Hit the Road Again!

After a weekend home with our families and friends, the Indiana FFA State Officers are hitting the highway again!  For a girl who is familiar to the central part of the state, I took a road trip to the south where there is still color in the leaves, believe it or not!  I was about 6 miles from the Kentucky state line.  I recently traveled to Lanesville High School on Wednesday November 3, 2010 for their annual Fall Banquet.  To start off the night the Lanesville FFA Officers opened the banquet with opening ceremonies.  We were then dismissed for dinner which consisted of a pot luck style dinner, which was delicious.  I spoke to the administrators, FFA members, parents, and supporters about the Importance of FFA.  I highlighted how I became involved in the FFA and how it became of importance to me.  I talked about the opportunities I encountered as well as what opportunities are available to members.  FFA members at Lanesville received their Discovery, Greenhand, and Chapter FFA Degrees as they have met the requirements needed to do so.  They are well on their way to receiving their next degree degree.  It was great to visit other chapters to see what they have accomplished as well as visit with so many supporters of the Lanesville FFA Chapter.  I cannot wait to visit more chapters throughout the state of Indiana in the upcoming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment