Monday, October 14, 2019

My Stress Relief

I absolutely LOVE to read. There’s nothing better than sitting down underneath a blanket and reading a good book for hours on end. And this obsession with reading isn’t a new occurrence; in fact, I remember when I was younger, my mom and I would go to the library in my hometown to check out books all the time. 

    When you start to read a really good book, time flies by. It’s normal for me to begin reading, and when I look at the clock somehow it’s been five hours without me evening realizing it. I think that’s why I enjoy reading so much. I can immerse myself into the book - the story line, the plot, the twisted endings. I can be sitting in the same spot for hours on end, and be one thousand miles away at the same time. 

    Sometimes when life gets too busy, I stop reading for awhile. I ignore the book I am in the middle of because life is just a little too crazy at times. This was normal my senior year of high school, and especially the past few months of my State Officer journey. Within the past few weeks though, I’ve made it a point to take a few moments each day to read. Whether it’s a chapter, two chapters, or finishing an entire book, I’ve tried to make sure I can fit it into my schedule. 

    For me, reading isn’t just a fun thing to do to pass the time away. It’s a stress relief. When I open up a book I forget where I am - even if it’s only for a few minutes at a time. 

    I think it’s important for everyone to have a stress relief. It doesn’t have to be reading - there are times when reading does nothing to take my mind away from the task at hand. Sometimes my stress relief is taking a run around the Leadership Center, or watching a good movie with my teammates. 

    Whatever it may be, make sure to schedule time to enjoy the simple things, and to enjoy your stress relief moments. I can promise you that everyone needs some of those moments. I know I do. 

Find your stress relief,
Caitlyn Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment