Monday, June 8, 2020

Obsessions

When trying something new, my usual mindset is to dive in headfirst. When I was
younger, I loved LEGOs. I would spend hours building the set they came in or making my own
creation. That was all I wanted to do in my free time! At some point though, I started playing
Xbox – and I was hooked. All I wanted to do was play video games. When I got to high school, I
started hanging out with my friend Jack. We would go camping, hiking, and kayaking! One day
he asked me to come over to his sister’s house and help build demolition derby cars. I had so
much fun that day!
From then on, I spent my free time building the derby cars. And it didn’t stop there. Just
a few months ago when we started filming for State Convention I became very interested in
filming and editing. I became what some would call, “obsessed” with learning all that I could
about the process. At first when I thought back on my mindset of, “diving in headfirst” I thought
it was a flaw of mine. After reflecting about it though, I realized that all of my, “obsessions”
have caused me to become the person I am today. The things I learned how to do have made
me a well-rounded individual with many skills.
As I thought about what I was going to be doing in the future, I realized that because of
the things I have done, I don’t want to be an architect. I love working on cars for fun, but I
wouldn’t want to do it every day. I may not know exactly what I want to do for the rest of my
life, but I do have a better idea than I did when I was little. I encourage you all to try new
things!


Always working,
Eion Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment