Wednesday, January 12, 2022

New Year, Same Me

If you're anything like me, the new year always brings about a new sense of energy. I start working out again, I plan out my week, I eat way more fruit than necessary. I tell myself that if I do that, and this, and everything in between, I can be the best version of myself possible. 


While all of that sounds like a beautiful idea at first, those are not the things I cherish at the end of the year, instead, it's the lessons that I find myself reflecting on. Here are this year’s:


  • One that took me a very long time to learn is: you should never ever have to beg for love. More times than not, I would find myself thinking that I didn’t deserve to have any type of love (even from family and friends.) If this is the only thing you take from this blog, or from me for that matter- know that everyone is worth love, regardless. 


  • Take pictures of everything you possibly can. I didn’t realize how fast time goes by until I started to pull pictures together for the new year. Looking back at how much each of my teammates have changed, made me wish I took more pictures of them. Even take pictures of random objects. Capture the moments that set your heart on fire. 


  • There is good in every single day. I know that is such a hard thing to believe, even I didn't believe it for a while. I started making a post on Instagram every single day, just to force myself to start looking at the good again. It worked, it is working. So, I challenge you to keep track of those small, but good, things each day. 


  • Some days you will check off every single thing on your to do list. Some days, you won’t even touch it. Both of those are okay. It’s normal for motivation to come in waves… it doesn’t make you any less of an incredible person on the days its ebbing rather than flowing. 


  • You are here for a reason. It might take time to see that reason, but I promise it is out there. 


Honestly, some of these lessons are ones I’m still learning. There are days where it’s hard to remind myself about love, cherishing every moment, reminding myself of the good, and telling myself it's okay to not be okay. So, I’m right here with you. We’ve got this.


That’s what each year is for- another period of growth.


Sending you all the love,

Kourtney

 


No comments:

Post a Comment