Monday, February 20, 2017

Mile 224 of 929


I'm transforming purpose to action during National FFA Week with Central Indiana! 

Tonight I traveled mile 224 of 929 miles that I will drive during National FFA Week. When I turned my car off after parking at mile 224, I found my heart so full. Full of love from all of the amazing FFA members, advisors, and supporters I have already seen this week. Not only was my heart full, but by mile 224, I had gathered quite a few items that were truly symbolic of my visits so far.

1 plastic cup that I took home from the Community Breakfast with the Mt. Vernon at Fortville FFA Chapter. My job that morning was to fill drinks, so needless to say I spent a lot of time with these cups. While this was my job, I think I spent more time getting distracted by talking to all of the amazing FFA members, advisors, alumni, and community supporters.
Just some of the amazing members at the Mt. Vernon at Fortville Community Breakfast. 

2 Skyzone socks
were on my passenger’s seat from my time with the Greenfield Central FFA Chapter. Skyzone may have made me realize how out of shape I was, but it was worth it to make memories with these members. From the crazy bus ride to conquering my fear of jumping on the wall, I will always think of them when I see the bright orange socks.
 
A memorable bus ride with the Greenfield Central FFA Chapter, love getting to make memories with these great people.

1 church program was taken out of my jacket pocket after attending Wilkinson Church of Christ with the Eastern Hancock FFA Chapter. I loved being able to experience one of their chapter traditions of going to church in celebration of FFA week, but also to try out the legendary “Gas Grill” for breakfast. 
Blue jackets filled rows at church on Sunday morning because of Eastern Hancock FFA members who celebrated National FFA Week with this tradition. 

1 parking garage receipt found its way to my car after spending Page Day at the Indiana Statehouse. My teammates and I had the opportunity to see over 80 Indiana FFA members from all over the state come to spend the day learning about state government, sharing their agriculture story, and meeting other members, by serving as Pages for our government officials.
Standing outside of the Office of Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch after an awesome meeting with her, and a great time at Page Day.
2 pairs of funny teeth were just one of my prizes from my evening competing in the Ag Olympics with the Indian Creek FFA Chapter. While I may not have actually won an event, I had a ton of fun trying. From seeing the girls vs boys competitions, to spitting oranges across the room, this is one prize I’ll always keep.
Trying out my prizes after not winning a single event at Indian Creek's Ag Olympics! 

As I embark on mile 225 tomorrow morning, I am beyond excited to travel to the rest of my visits, complete media interviews, and celebrate the best week of the year. Happy National FFA Week!

With a full heart (and car),

Jessica Mars
Indiana FFA State President

No comments:

Post a Comment