Monday, April 6, 2020

My Biggest Supporter

This year has been probably the best year of my life. With that being said, there definitely have been some struggles and a lot of new things of getting used too. When I first moved into the officer house, it didn’t even cross my mind that I wouldn't pester my younger brother everyday. My brother and I haven’t always had the best relationship. We often spent many days arguing about things that didn’t even matter. For example, who was going to watch tv, why I wouldn’t take him everywhere, and why I was taking too long to do my make up in the bathroom. We often heard the words from my mom “If you two don’t stop fighting, I’m taking both of your phones… period.” I would roll my eyes and go to my room. I didn’t think I could possibly miss these days. 

After being home for the past few weeks, I’ve realized how much I missed my brother. A couple days ago, we spent the night playing two handed Euchre. It was neck and neck pretty much the whole game, and he barely took the lead and won! After that, he asked me if I wanted to go on a drive with him. I responded with “duh, let’s go.” Lane and I hopped into his car that we call the “Swagon Wagon” and rode up and down the back roads of Bargersville.  When we got home, we enjoyed ice cream and some great life chats.

    Spending these past couple weeks at home with Lane has made me so thankful to have such an amazing brother. I never really took the time to appreciate how supportive Lane is of everything I do, and the great memories we can make together. Looking back through old memories, I’ve noticed a common theme. Lane has always been there no matter what.

Here are some of my favorite memories below:

Lane and I at Disney!

State Convention 2019


Fire Banquet 2019

Even though Lane and I might argue or fight sometimes, he is one of my best friends. I couldn’t be more proud of the hard work he’s put in for FFA and the work he puts in at his job. Make sure you take the time to enjoy those around you and cherish the time you have at home with them. 

One proud big sister, 

Taylor 

P.S.  I will miss you bunches once I move back to the center….



No comments:

Post a Comment