Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Hello Indiana FFA!




2020-2021 Indiana FFA State Officer Team

Shelbyville Central. Hamilton Heights. Tri-County. Eastern Hancock. Wawasee. Union City. Frontier. We come from different towns, different chapters, and different backgrounds. We each have our own FFA story and varying levels of agricultural experience. We have reached this unique and special moment from different and diverse paths. 

Despite everything that makes us different, we are united together by a similar mission. We have made a commitment this year to serve, to support, and to strengthen Indiana FFA. We have made a commitment to work together as individuals and as a team to give back to FFA, to provide life-changing opportunities to our members, and to see our organization reach new and exciting heights. By combining our unique passions, our unique ideas, and our unique backgrounds, we can work together to accomplish the mission that brings us all together. Indiana FFA, we are excited, we are committed, and we are ready to embrace the challenges and triumphs in our journey ahead.



Julia: 


Hello Indiana FFA! I am so excited and beyond honored to serve as your 2020-2021 State President! I hail from the Shelbyville Central FFA down in District 8. I was not raised with an agricultural background, but became involved with livestock when I was in 8th grade. FFA was not offered in my school until I was a sophomore in high school, but when I reached that year, I became heavily involved in my brand new FFA chapter. From Forestry and Livestock Judging to Skillathon and LDEs, from SOAR and FIRE to LDW and Conventions, I made it my mission to partake in any and all FFA activities that I could in the little time I had. I look forward to interacting with FFA members across Indiana and hearing your FFA stories and all you have accomplished. I’m so excited to meet you all and serve Indiana FFA. Let’s make this upcoming year one to remember!



Kylie:

While my roots may lie in Benton County; I call Hamilton Heights, located in Hamilton County, my home chapter. From the moment I could walk I’ve raised and shown sheep with my family on a county, state, and national level. If I wasn’t in the barn or helping my family with our agritourism business you could most likely find me on the field, mat, or court. While it may seem like I was destined to be involved in FFA, due to my agricultural background, that hasn’t always been the case. From bouncing from school to school I always thought that sports were the way to go and it took a lot of convincing from a very special person to get me to join; however, I’m thankful that I did. I’m an avid writer, dancer, and Chick-Fil-A eater. I’m ecstatic to embrace everything this year with you all and my fellow teammates. Remember, it will only be as good as we make it, so lets get at it! 


Blayne: 
While Trafalgar may be our team’s home for the year, I am proud to say the town of Wolcott and the Tri-County FFA chapter are where I am rooted. I am truly grateful for the opportunity this year to serve as your Indiana FFA Northern Region Vice President! FFA has played a vital role in my life since 6th grade when I first got involved in Livestock Judging. Since then, my involvement and love for this organization has only grown. From the non stop laughing on bus rides to getting the opportunity to serve at Circle City Relief, FFA has greatly impacted my life. I found my purpose to serve in the fight against food insecurity, and passion to continue to grow as an individual, through FFA. Indiana FFA, my hope is to continue to grow alongside you, make some awesome memories, and to serve you in helping to find your passions and purpose. Our team is beyond excited for what this year may hold!!

Loren: 
I call District 8 home. #D8bringstheparty I live in Greenfield, home to corn, cows, and more corn. I am thrilled to serve as the Southern Region Vice President this year! I have a true passion for anything and everything that deals with cattle. I LOVE Oklahoma State University and will be yelling “GO POKES!” next fall, but I won’t forget where my foundation was laid. Eastern Hancock Highschool is where my FFA journey started and without that program I would be nothing. I am looking forward to meeting all of the members across the state and growing tomorrow's leaders! I am also excited to talk about agriculture with members and community members wherever it may be! 

Evan:
I come from District II, up in Northern Indiana. I live in the small town of North Webster, surrounded by lakes and fields of corn. I am looking forward to serving as your 2020-2021 State Treasurer. Though I do not come from an agricultural background, my love for animals permeated through from a young age. Through FFA, I found a passion for the dairy industry, specifically the dairy goat industry. I can’t wait to give back to an organization that has poured into me over the years and molded my talents into valuable and tangible skills. This year, I’m looking forward to embracing fully and loving big. As mentioned aforehand, agriculture is the very thing that brings us all together. The differences we see are the very things that can be utilized for success this next year. Indiana FFA, this is going to be a great year full of growth and advocating for agriculture!

Derick:
Hey there Indiana FFA!! I’m super excited for the journey ahead and everything we can accomplish this year. I will be serving as the 2020-2021 State Reporter. I originally hail from the Union City FFA Chapter in District IX. Despite being raised in a rural community, I actually grew up without an agricultural background. Joining the FFA provided amazing opportunities for me to learn more about this industry, advocate on behalf of our nation’s agriculturists, and to discover what makes me passionate in life. Without this phenomenal organization, I would definitely not be the swing dance loving, electric car driving, conversation maker I am today. I am looking forward to providing these same opportunities for growth and development to each and every member we serve. I cannot wait to work alongside my team in making so many amazing moments possible this year Indiana FFA!!

Luc: 
Hello Indiana FFA! My name is Luc Sproles and I am serving as this year’s State Sentinel. I proudly hail from the Frontier FFA Chapter in District 1, #number1forareason. I grew up in the small town of Reynolds Indiana. I am just one of countless FFA members who has been impacted by this amazing organization. In case you didn't know, I have a huge love for coffee, talking, cooking, chickens, and show pigs. Luckily, I was able to incorporate these loves in one way or another into my FFA journey. While it hasn’t always been smooth sailing, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Every high and low is a part of my story and I can't wait to get to know all of you and how FFA has impacted your life and high school journey. Indiana FFA, I am so excited to serve you this year as we grow leaders, embrace obstacles, and ignite our passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment