Wednesday, June 29, 2022

2022-2023 Officer Intros

After one final tap of a gavel, seven individuals’ lives changed within a blink of an eye. Each one taking the giant step towards a year of service. Now, it’s your chance to meet them. 


Seth Ariens- State President
What's up Indiana FFA! I'm Seth Ariens and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to serve as this year's State President. I come from the North Putnam FFA Chapter over in District 7 where I reside in the small town of Roachdale. However you'll most commonly find me working with my show lambs in the barn, I have an intense passion for all things agriculture and I absolutely love meeting new people that I can connect with! Within my small operation I raise club lambs, holstein steers, Brownswiss dairy cattle and manage a 22 acre test plot. For the work I have done on my operation I am very proud to claim the title of 2022 Indiana State Star Farmer. "Pursue your Passions as Priorities", Indiana FFA you are my passion so get ready for a WILD ride filled with all the excitement of growing as a leader and as an individual! Buckle up and get ready for the ride Indiana FFA!


Tobias Sturgell- State Secretary
Good day Indiana FFA! I am so thankful for the opportunity this year to serve the great state of Indiana as the 2022-2023 Indiana FFA State Secretary! I am from the Indian Creek FFA chapter in Trafalgar, IN, really close to the FFA center. I first had an interest in FFA after always looking up to my uncle, David Sturgell, who was in FFA in the 1980’s. After traveling down to his farm numerous time a year in Posey County, Indiana. I wanted to do anything I could to be like him, so I joined FFA. Another reason I thought FFA was cool, was because Indian Creek during FFA week has tractor day, and the only way to drive a tractor was if you are in FFA. I never grew up on a farm though, but I was always intrigued in agriculture. Once I joined FFA, I got involved in Soil Evaluation, Parliamentary Procedure, and later started Employability skills. I’ve learned so many skills in FFA that have built me to be the person I am today. One of my true passions is meeting new people, because everyone has a story that they can share, but that story can also help others. I'm ready to meet all of you and see where Indiana FFA will go in the future. Indiana FFA, get excited because this will be amazing!


Mary Jones- State Northern Region Vice President

Coming from the small town of Monroe in District VI, I am so excited to be leading Indiana FFA this year! I’ll be serving as the 2022-2023 Indiana FFA State Northern Region Vice President, and I couldn’t be more thrilled!! Growing up with an FFA advisor for a dad, I definitely had my fair share of agriculture early on, following my dad and his students everywhere!! Throughout my time in FFA you could find me attending every conference I could, participating in dairy, forestry and soils judging, making the best memories in parliamentary procedure practices, and spending LOTS and LOTS of hours in the ag room preparing for leadership development events. I also gained a lot of my passion & knowledge from the show barn. Raising three species of show stock was challenging, but I wouldn’t change it for the world! Over the next year, I can’t wait to meet, serve, and learn from each and every one of you. Indiana FFA, let’s get ready for a truly sensational year!



Jenna Kelsay- State Southern Region Vice President

Hello Indiana FFA! My name is Jenna Kelsay, proudly serving as your 2022-2023 Indiana FFA State Southern Region Vice President! Growing up in Franklin, Indiana in District 8, I proudly come from the Whiteland FFA Chapter, only 30 minutes away from the Indiana FFA Center. Having a deep history in agriculture, as a 7th generation farmer, livestock showman, and farm tour guide, I am so excited for this opportunity to serve both agriculture and FFA. I am a huge fan of cherry coke, short jokes, and all things cow print and definitely a people person. I absolutely cannot wait to meet each and every one of you and am extremely excited for this opportunity to serve Indiana FFA. See you soon!



Anthony Taylor- State Treasurer

Hello everyone! I am Anthony Taylor, and I am beyond excited to serve you all as the Indiana

FFA State Treasurer!! I hail from the Warsaw FFA Chapter in District 2. I grew up in the city and Warsaw, and I went to Warsaw Community High School. I love anything to do with the outdoors from going on walks, hunting, fishing, and anything you can imagine that's enjoying the outdoors. I grew up from a non production agriculture background, but that doesn’t stop me from being a huge part of the organization, and advocate for agriculture. That has pushed me to grow in this organization, and show members that this organization is a home for everyone. I love meeting with people, and building strong connections with anyone. I can't wait to meet all of you, hear your stories, and share my experiences with you all.



Gracie Lee- State Reporter

       Hello Indiana FFA! I am Gracie Lee and I am super excited to serve the Indiana FFA as the 2022-2023 State Reporter! I hail from the Monroe Central FFA Chapter, which is located in District 9! (I can't wait to see everyone on #Cloud9) I am from the somewhat small town of Winchester which is located in Randolph County. Some of the things that I love include turquoise, navajo pearls, Purdue basketball, and boer goats! I actually grew up in town, with no agricultural background. Although it was a challenge when I first joined FFA, I never let it stop me! I can't wait to share some of those experiences with you throughout this year. I am so very excited to build connections with all of you, and all of the members across the state of Indiana! Indiana FFA, let's get to work!!



Jaden Maze- State Sentinel 

Greetings Indiana FFA! My name is Jaden Maze, and I am so excited to get to know all of you as this year's State Sentinel! I am from the Western Boone FFA Chapter located in District IV. I grew up in Thorntown, Indiana. I have a huge passion for mental health in agriculture and am inspired by stories of FFA members from across the state. I love animals and work on a small dairy farm in my community. I also help my dad on our family farm that includes a thousand acres of corn and soybeans. I spend a lot of time outdoors and have a great appreciation for nature. I love talking to all different types of people and getting to know them on a personal level. I hope to make a positive impact on this organization and I am so excited for what the year holds! 


With love,

2022-2023 State Officer Team

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for this post that was very interesting. Keep posting like those amazing posts, this is really awesome.
    for more updates visit my website:
    Visit Mubarak Agri

    ReplyDelete