Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Cultivating Intentionality

Throughout the past couple of weeks, I have had the chance to really get to know my teammates. The things they love doing, hate doing, what makes them tick, what makes them laugh, and everything in between. We are all completely different people, but we already have managed to find one thing we all somewhat enjoy doing - shopping at the Goodwill Outlet. Now, if you haven’t been to a Goodwill Outlet, I challenge you to hop in your car right now and go find one. There are BINS FULL of clothes, random items, and furniture. I will admit, I had the thought that this was not going to be worth my time before walking through those automatic doors. Honestly, it felt a lot like the beginning of The Hunger Games when the players run and find their weapons and what they think is needed. People were lining the walls, waiting for the bins to be put out for the next rotation. 



As we started in, I found that there was some (surprisingly) high quality stuff. Teammates were rummaging through the bins, finding items that we all needed (especially for the price). These moments are ones I will never take for granted - because we were cultivating intentionality in those small moments. Sometimes, it’s those moments when we are living in the moment and being spontaneous, we make the most unforgettable memories. Throughout my time in the house with my teammates, we have already made those intentional memories. From buying pairs of jeans that are way too large and trying to fit in them, to sitting around the campfire, listening to the sounds of the center while making smores.



We all have the ability to cultivate intentionality. I challenge you to make those memories. Go on those unplanned trips. Take some risks that will allow you to grow individually and with the people surrounding you. Cultivate. Intentionality.


Living purposefully,


Jordyn Wickard


1 comment:

  1. I'll bet I know who turned you on to the GOODWILL OUTLET. 🤣

    ReplyDelete