Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Keep on the Sunny Side

Soft buzzing sounds, fuzzy yellow bugs with stripes of black zipping around my head, and the sweet sweet smell of nectar and beeswax are the thoughts that filled my head for months. I wanted to become a beekeeper! Just the thought of having bees gave me a jolt of excitement, but also dread. This is because I was going to have to muster up enough courage to ask my parents if they were okay with me wanting to become a beekeeper. My mother was ecstatic and was already sold on the idea when I told her, however, my dad was weary. He hates bees, they can sting him and he does not like the idea that they can do that. Despite this, my mother and I pushed on. 

As a result of my mother and I’s persistence, we have been beekeepers for almost a year and a half now and it is so much fun! We get to go out and enjoy being with the bees, as well as go out and collect swarms across Rush County. While at times it can be stressful it is well worth it. I can spend time with my mom and slowly help my dad overcome his fear of bees, it was well worth it. 

When it comes to presenting a new idea whether it be to a group of classmates, fellow members, or even our family it can be hard to do so. This could be from the thought of your idea or passion being viewed in a negative light rather than the positive one you hold, or the fact that the idea might get shot down. This can be scary, but you do not know until you try. Never bee afraid to bring forth your idea, it would bee a shame.


Keep on the sunny side,

   Jeremiah Geise


No comments:

Post a Comment