Monday, September 12, 2022

Life is Hard

    Do you feel like you’re moving a million miles an hour? Do you feel like there isn’t enough time in the day to get all your things done? Is your schedule so packed you feel like you don't even have time to sleep? Is the only thing you can do is focus on your work because you feel like it is crushing you? Well that's life, and I feel all these so let’s talk about it! 

For all the college freshman, it must be rough changing your lifestyle completely going to college. I myself experienced this being an only child and moving into a house with six other people. Going from everyday tendencies to learning everyone else’s is something that is extremely difficult, but it can be done. Let’s talk a little about when I moved into the State Officer house, I was thrilled to gain a whole new set of siblings. They truly are a set of siblings to me, which makes this place feel like home. What I struggled with the most was how badly I missed my lifestyle at home. I wanted to go back to the barn, back to my old friends, back to my old bed. It’s a real struggle and everyone feels it at some point. The key to overcoming this is finding your new family. Now, I’m not telling you to abandon your actual family because we would never do that! However, building a new family with the people you’ve been given is the key to making a new place truly feel like home. That’s what I’ve done with my team, these people are my family and that's what makes my new home really feel like a home.

Now for those of you who haven’t moved to college yet and are still in high school, take a deep breath! Go enjoy your life because when you get back the work will still be there, and you will still get it finished. Now, if you’re like me and have an issue with procrastination then we might want to be a bit more careful with this one. For example, I’m writing this blog post the morning that Jenna wants it :) It all boils down to the fact that life is far too fast to let the workload consume you, State Office is just that as my team is already almost 100 days in! I can’t believe how fast it has gone but more importantly how much of a wild ride it has been. I’ve always said that if I’m not busy I’m not happy, but that doesn’t mean that busy means doing work 100% of the time. Busy can be making time to hang out with friends, going to the barn, going to the football game, or quite simply whatever you want to define it as! 

Yes, life has a way of kicking us in the shins and making things miserable at times. But, I hope that from this blog you can take away the fact that being busy is what you make it and that the people around you truly make wherever you are a home. Life is one heck of a challenge, but I believe that everyone one of you has what it takes to make the most of it and make it your own wild ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment