Monday, September 26, 2022

The Great Outdoors

With it being fall I think the topic of the outdoors is something we can definitely start talking about. From all the fancy colors in the leaves, and the leaves starting to fall, some of the beautiful sights you can find in the outdoors, that we often take for granted, are almost here.


I can faithfully say that we all have been outside at some point in our lives unless you’re a vampire… I have always been an outdoorsy kind of person. When I was younger I loved fishing in the pond in my backyard, walking local trails while fishing in the creek that ran through it, and taking any chance I could to go cast a line. When I turned 9 I attended a conservation camp where I learned skills such as trapping, hunting, boater safety, waterfowl identification, waterway safety, and so much more. I returned annually as a camper or camp counselor until this year. During this camp, I found so many people who were just like me and loved the outdoors and hunting. Because of this camp, I received my hunter education and was able to purchase my hunting license, this is where my love for the outdoors really kicked off.


Once I purchased my first hunting license every season I was always hunting, fishing, or just spending as much time as I could in the outdoors. Because I spent so much time outdoors, I started to see the beauty of being in nature more and more. Seeing the sunrise on lakes while having woods to your back, listening to the birds wake up while they are chirping, taking walks near ponds or rivers; the outdoors really has some really neat sights to see. Now I know we all don't hunt or fish, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the outdoors.

The FFA Center is a great place for FFA members, and other guests, to come together in fellowship while being in touch with nature. With the lake, and being surrounded by trees, a simple walk down a trail is a great way to feel alive in the outdoors. I love having the opportunity to walk outside on a crisp morning to feel the warm sun heat the earth while hearing all sorts of songbirds sing their morning tunes. It allows me to clear my head and enjoy the creation we often take for granted.


Another great way to see and enjoy nature for everyone is to visit local parks or trails to walk through and see what all nature has to offer. But one of my favorites is to visit State or National parks. Not only do you get to enjoy being outside, but you get to see and feel the amount of history that has been there. One of my favorite places of all time that I have visited was Yellowstone National Park. With countless physical land features that range from wide open plains to mountains, from waterfalls to geysers, Yellowstone has so much to offer to its visitors. I highly recommend taking a trip if you ever have the chance to visit. You get to see all sorts of beautiful views in the outdoors, as well as a wide variety of wildlife you may never have had another opportunity to see.

Now I can go on and on about how important the outdoors is to me, but that would be too boring. I hope you see some of these pictures I have taken and find some sort of inspiration to go outside and find something cool. Especially if you don’t go outside very often. It's a great way to relax and take in the amazing sights we often don’t take the time to notice. Really soak in the creation we have, and the amazing opportunity we have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment