Wednesday, May 17, 2023

To Do: LIVE

    For this last blog, I want to talk about something that has been on my heart lately. As the clock ticks by, and the days wind down, the workload gets heavier. If you’ve ever met or worked with me, you know I’m a huge to-do list person. On any given day you can find me making a to-do list for the simplest of things. The things that should just be natural, or that I should know to do. I live by a to-do list. Sometimes it’s not what I want to do, but what others want me to do. Somedays, it is so much that I forget what living actually is. 


To-Do: 

  • Laundry

  • Write this blog

  • Watch Netflix

  • Write in my journal

  • Answer emails


After watching a TikTok, yes, I know it’s just a TikTok, but I realized that I am quite literally living my life to get things checked off of my to-do list. This has been such an easy thing to do with convention prep. If there is one thing that I’ve learned lately it is that I have to start living for myself. That realization hit me tonight (5/11). Seth, Toby, Jaden, Mary, & I loaded up and went to Franklin for dinner. After eating, we walked through the park downtown and it was completely unplanned. No to-do list, no reservations, no time limit, just living. Just enjoying the time that I was given with my teammates. I am so thankful for this time that I got to spend with them. It immediately helped me find the solution. 

Sometimes you have to close your computer, turn off your phone, or walk away from that desk. Go for a walk, take a ride with the windows down, blare your music, smell the freshly cut grass. LIVE… Live. Sometimes it feels like you’re spinning 800 mph in a circle, and you can’t focus, because you’re focused on what you need to do. But there’s a difference between what you need to do and what other people want you to do. Sure, people are going to depend on you. But you only get one life. We only have one year of State Office. I only have 40 days left with my teammates. 

For this last blog I wanted to get in some quick thank you’s. To my team, thank you for helping me live this past year to the fullest and always being up for an adventure. To staff, thank you for all of your guidance. To my family and friends, thank you for supporting me through this past year. To Indiana FFA & all of the members, I cannot thank you enough for giving me a year full of connections, laughs, adventure, and impact. Always know that each and every one of you are seen and valued. 

For these last 40 days of our year of service, I am going to live my life to the fullest. I will go on that adventure, enjoy every last minute, and live my life to simply live. If there is anything that you get out of this blog, I hope that it is to live for yourself. Do what makes you happy, stay humble, work hard, and be yourself. From now on…


To-Do:

  • LIVE! 


                                                                Living to the fullest, 

                                                                 Gracie Lee

                                                              Indiana FFA State Reporter 22-23


1 comment: