Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Your Passion Can Take You Places



    If I was told 10 years ago I would have over 100 goats before I would graduate high school I would have laughed. Ya see when I was 8 years old I fell in love with goats. Does anyone know why? No one does, including myself. It took me 4 years to convince my dad to let me get my goats. Now when I first wanted goats I only wanted a few and I wanted to start my goat journey with Angora goats (these are the ones that look like sheep) but I did not get any.

Pictured is one of the first does I ever purchased, so fondly named “Beardy.” As you may see my sister’s insistence on me learning how to braid paid off. 

    When we find something that we are passionate about, it drives us to further develop that passion. For me what started as a passion for raising goats, persuaded me to follow a career within the livestock industry. Do not ever be afraid to follow your passion, even if it started  with the single thought of getting goats.

You’re goat loving Reporter,

    Jeremiah Geise

1 comment: